As a member of our on-board sea chefs team, you can really prove yourself.
If one of your goals is to take on challenging tasks in an exclusive environment, then you already meet the first and most essential requirement for a successful collaboration and a successful job assignment on board.
But of course there are a few other aspects that are very important to us and our customers – a brief overview of these can be found on this page.
Requirements for a job on board
- Vocational training in the area you apply for
- Minimum age: 18 years / 21 years
- Good knowledge of the German language
- Good knowledge of the English language. You must be able to adequately communicate in English. Your skills will be tested prior to your assignment.
- Availability: initially approx. 5 months (ocean) or approx. 9 months (river)
- Valid passport (valid for at least one year after date of hire), medical fitness for service at sea, and relevant safety and security certificates. These should only be applied for once a binding job offer has been made.
- Willing and able to work a "7-day week" and to share a cabin with a colleague
- Tolerance and adaptability in an international team
A warm welcome to sea chefs!